Saturday 10 August 2013

Viader Vineyard, Napa - Excellent View, Delicious Wine

Perhaps one of the most scenic vineyards in Napa Valley, California, Viader is home to some great tasting wines.

My first visit was somewhat of an accident - much thanks to Faith of Stags Leap in Napa. Cante was my host that day and he did a wonderful job of ensuring I will come back for more. And when I had the opportunity to return to SFO, I had to make a return. Look at this view!
Viader Vineyward - Looking Down photo Viader02.jpg

It was a sunny and warm July morning and Connie welcomed us this time around. Located in Deer Park, CA just off the Silverado Trail, the drive from SFO was pleasant and rather free of traffic - as long as you leave like 9am in the morning.

The tasting room is warm and inviting.
Viader - Tasting Room photo Viader05.jpg

The vineyard is clean and on a day like that, I could spend time sitting around the area enjoying the view and atmosphere.
Viader Vineyard photo Viader07.jpg

Connie showed us the cellar - rows upon rows of wine barrels kept in the cool cellar built under the grounds of the vineyard.
Viader Underground Cellar photo Viader10.jpg

Even though it was a warm sunny summer morning, there was a cool breeze and I could just sit in there and soak in the wonderful view.
Viader - Soaking it in photo Viader12.jpg

Connie showed us some grapes and in this case, a bunch of the Syrah. Most of the grapes are grown on the vineyard. Viader is famous for their Cabernet Franc.
Viader Syrah Grape photo Viader08.jpg

I thoroughly enjoy my visits to Viader and will do it again if I have the chance to go back to SFO. I will have another part coming up but you can find more information at this website Viader Vineyard.. Stay tuned for part 2 of the coverage.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Eddie! What wonderful photos! It was great meeting you. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janet. Hope to catch you soon in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete