Saturday 3 August 2013

The Other Barber Chair

This is another barber chair from the same restoration I had done to mine - the only difference are the metal parts are not restored.

This barber chair now sits in an office in SMU and I believe it is a conversation piece if you happen to spot it. Belonging to my friend Prof Massimiliano Landi, you can see how well kept this chair is.
Massi's Barber Chair photo Massi01.jpg

Nothing better than a chair that is well placed and well used.
Massi's Barber Chair photo Massi02.jpg

I really like the old vintage look of the chair... and I still have one sitting around.
Massi's Barber Chair photo Massi03.jpg

I have written about the restoration process and you can read more about the restoration here part 1 and here part 2

9 comments:

  1. Hi Eddie can I ask how much it costs u to rechrome or repaint the chair?
    Hv something similar n toying if to do it up or leave in used rustic state.
    Thx,, Mus here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mus, the chair was re-chromed and the cost was about $1,000. The difficulty lies in taking it apart and re-assembling it. We can chat more if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Mr Eddie. Do you have any barber chairs for sale? In the midst of opening a barbershop. Hope you still have those Takaras with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eddie, nice write up and restoration project!
    Just curious, one is sitting in your living room and the other is in SMU..
    what happened to the other 2 chairs? Are they for sale?
    If they are, u can contact me at yolo@live.com.sg

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eddie, I need to restore my 2 Takara chairs. Would u have the time to help me please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eddie, I would like to have my 2 Takara chairs restore too. Do you have the time to help me, please?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Sure I can help. Maybe you can contact me at eddiesng1011@gmail.com and I can share more with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog! This is useful for those who is looking for the barber chair. Keep Sharing such information blog.

    ReplyDelete