Tuesday 25 June 2013

Wearing Kopi - Fancy A Nespresso on Your Wrist?

The idea of recycling is not new but someone came up with a term upcycling. Here, they use the waste from a product as raw material for making another "sustainable" final product.


Blancier Quartet photo Blancier06Quartet.jpg

Willem Kamerman is the Founder and CEO of Blancier Handmade Watches and he created a new line of watches using the used Nespresso capsules as dials.
Blancier Blue & Bronze photo Blancier01BlueampBronze.jpg

The Blancier Grand Cru watches comes in different color dials and will be done when the orders are confirmed. Lead time is around 6 weeks from order to fulfillment. Matching strap color further accentuate the watch. Because the dials are crushed capsules, Willem assures you no two dials are identical. Comes in a presentation box with three capsules.
Blancier Box, Capsules & Watch photo Blancier05BoxCapsulesampWatch.jpg

Housed in the steel case is a mechanical 6497 movement. Workhorse movement that is reliable and has its roots from the pocket watch. However, the movement is an unfinished movement which to me was somewhat disappointing. For a finished movements, one has to pay more and there are different grades of finishing. According to Willem, the watches are assembled in Germany.
Blancier Movement 6497 photo Blancier04MovementSide.jpg

I must say that winding the watch feels a little raw. Not as smooth as my other watches with a similar movement. I wonder if it has anything to do with the dial. But as a fun, match your outfit weekend watch, I guess its alright.
Blancier Blue photo Blancier03Blue.jpg

This is my favorite piece - Le Bleu. And Willem tells me I am his first customer from Singapore. And the Bronze for Thailand, that is a first too!

2 comments:

  1. People tired to find a relevant place where they can know real facts and myths about the topic mentioned by author of this blog. I want to help a lot of needy people through this blog to come up at my blog to know the real facts and myths regarding this topic.
    นาฬิกา แบรนด์

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful to this blog giving unique and helpful knowledge about this topic, I read your blog now share great information here. This blog increse my knowledge source .
    ออกแบบ UI & UX Design

    ReplyDelete