Monday 1 April 2024

Watches I Have Come Across - Lange Cabaret Moonphase

Throughout my watch collecting journey, I have been blessed to have come across many timepieces and I intend to document them in this photo essay. These are timepieces I don't own but have been fortunate to be able to see, feel, touch and photograph them. This time, I feature The Lange Cabaret Moonphase

The Cabaret range was not one of the 4 icons that was released back in 1994, but it is no less impressive.

First released as a time only piece, they later released it in several iterations - the moonphase and the Tourbillon.

The rectangular case with the big date at 12 o'clock is so Lange...

And the moonphase is located opposite at the 6 o'clock

What I like about the brand is that they do not take short cuts - what do I mean by that? Well, they developed a new movement to fit the form. A rectangular movement in a rectangular case.

And some Lange signature too... German silver and...

The hand engraved balance cock

And unlike the Lange 1, the adjustment for the date and moonphase is on the side of the case.

While not the most well known Lange, the Cabaret is still a lovely piece. And the Cabaret Tourbillon, when released, was the first Tourbillon that featured a stop function. Yes, when the crown is pulled the Tourbillon stopped and unlike all other timepieces when the Tourbillon continues to rotate while the wearer sets the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment