Monday 22 May 2023

Watches I Have Come Across - Hermès Arceau Le Temps Voyageur

Throughout my watch collecting journey, I have been blessed to have come across many timepieces and I intend to document them in a photo essay but for this piece, I'll elaborate a little more since I am also in the position to get one. Although mine has not come, I was fortunate enough to see, feel, touch and photograph this one. This time, I feature the Hermès Arceau Le temps voyageur

This timepiece belongs to a good friend and I'm still waiting for mine. I was told Singapore has not gotten a piece yet so I have to patiently wait for mine.

The Arceau Le temps voyageur comes in two sizes - 41mm platinum with black DLC titanium bezel or 38mm in stainless steel with a blue dial.

No prize for guessing which version I chose...

The dial sides shows a multi toned blue dial.

The darkest shade of blue is reserved for the main time telling dial (above).

The main dial picturing the continents and oceans have a slight purplish blue hue.

And if you are wondering what "24 FBG" stands for? Well that refers to Hermès 24 FBG Paris named in reference to 24 Rue Faubourg, the address of Hermès' flagship store in Paris.

And the outer ring featuring the "Home Time" window has a bluish grey shade. Hands are rhodium-plated with applied Super-LumiNova

A pretty package and especially for a two time zone timepiece. The mobile main time telling dial moves round the dial (clockwise) when you depress the push button on the 9 o'clock and the red tip indicates the timezone it is indicating.

The automatic movement with the travel time module is the same for both models - the Hermès caliber H1837 and it comes with 40 hours power reserve.

The strap comes with a quick release but what is more intriguing are the lugs.

The lugs are asymmetrical...

Again, Hermès surprises with the Arceau Le Temps Voyageur having previously released The Hermès Arceau L’Heure De La Lune, one that I love but missed out on.

So I wait patiently for mine to come. In the meantime, I can only admire the pictures of the piece that belongs to my friend.

Between the two, would you prefer the larger 41mm platinum with black DLC titanium bezel or 38mm in stainless steel? Check out both at this Hermès website.

No comments:

Post a Comment