Sunday 1 May 2022

The Corum Golden Bridge Rectangle - Back to Original

Over the years, Corum's Golden Bridge which was first designed by Mr. Vincent Calabrese evolved from a rectangular case to a tonneau shaped case. The new Golden Bridge Rectangle brings us back to the original shape - rectangle.

I have been admiring the Golden Bridge for as long as I can remember and the first iteration I bought was "ironically" not for me but was for my wife - the rose gold Godlen Bridge with diamond bezel... And then we added a second - the Golden Bridge Miss, a smaller version of the original targetted at the feminine collectors. Both were the only two Golden Bridge timepieces we had - both belonging to my wife. And then this came along...

How could I resist when I saw this? Not only does it go back to roots of a rectangular case, the "skeleton" open-work has "beams" representing the hour markers.

First, the in-line movement from the Calibre CO113. Unlike the usual 3 o'clock crown, the crown of the Golden Bridge is at the 6 o'clock position.

The barrel and winding mechanism is also at the 6 o'clock position

A full winding gets you 40 hours of power reserve and despite the movement design, the accuracy is pretty good. But who really cares about the minutes when one wears the Golden Bridge - take it easy, take is slow.

However, the good people at Corum redesigned this version - adding the hour markers. Roman numerals I, III, V, VII, IX and XI made to look like bridge structures - how clever.

Not only are the bridges well made, the rivets are fully polished at reflective too.

And what about the case back? As slim as the front... :-)

And nicely engraved too.

One more detail that makes the Golden Bridge Rectangle a little more special - the triple folding clasp.

The deployment clasp has a buckle that comes as the logo of the company - the key.

I'm loving the Golden Bridge Rectangle every time I put it on... the amount of details in this piece gives you the joy and pleasure of discovering new details that fascinate you all over again.

A lot to look at, but at the same time not a lot too, if you know what I mean. But enough to bring me joy every time I put it on. You may visit the Corum website for a full listing of their Golden Bridge range. Impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment