Friday 23 August 2024

Watches I Have Come Across - The Parmigiani Fleurier Ovale Pantographe

Throughout my watch collecting journey, I have been blessed to have come across many timepieces and I intend to document them in this photo essay. These are timepieces I don't own but have been fortunate to be able to see, feel, touch and photograph them. This time, I feature The Parmigiani Fleurier Ovale Pantographe.

Had the pleasure of handling this Parmigiani Ovale Pantographe many years ago when it was first launched.

What's so special you might ask? Well, it has got to do with the telescopic hands that extends and contracts with the passage of time. Unique huh? Would not have been possible with a round case watch... think about it.

Mr. Parmigiani's watchmaking background is rich in restoration and it is one of his restoration that he came across this Pantographe. The original was a pocket watch but of course the newer version is made into a wristwatch.

What's also attractive is the milky white dial - almost enamel like but I guess it features some white lacquer. And the timepiece comes with a whopping 8 days power reserve (Hebdomadaire in French means weekly).

And powering this wonderful piece is the in-house PF110 calibre found in the Hebdomadaire series and a module that gives this watch it's unique feature.

Situated at the 12 o'clock is the power reserve indicator.

This example is encased in a rose gold case and I think it looks so lovely and with a quirky complication. What's there not to like about this timepiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment