Monday 26 August 2024

Martin Design - Supernatural Triskel

Watch collecting should be fun and I am all about fun watches. What's more, I am also about colourful watches as evident in some of my choices. Here, I am featuring a new piece from Martin Design with his very playful Supernatural Regulator.

What's nice about this purchase is that it comes with 2 strap options - one bright blue and one grey. What's more? The straps come with the quick change feature which means no need for any special tools.

Launched on Kickstarter, I took to liking the colourful Triskel. There are a total of 6 Supernatural models - Caturix (Grey), Triskel (Multi-clolour), Tonaros (Orange), Trinity (Light Blue), Ogmios (Lilac) and Alaunus (Red).

For me, the printed multi-colour multi-layered dial is the most playful and colourful one i.e. the Triskel. For a timepiece like that, I like it playful and fun.

The steel cased timepiece is made from 316 L stainless steel and measures 40mm.

Given the price point (I paid €299), I must say the finishing while industrial is good for the price point. Take a look at the hands, especially the side which is often neglected. I'd say this is definitely an acceptable level of quality.

But I can't say the same for the Triskel plate which clearly showed it was a cut-and-screw down. But like I said, at this price point, all is forgiven.

Fitted at the back is the Miyota 82S7 Automatic movement with a hacking seconds. Power reserve is rated at 42 hours.

The finishing on the movement is as what one would expect from an entry level timepiece. Nothing to crow about here.

It is interesting to note that the hour sub-dial is rather unusual. It displays a full 24 hours day which means you will really need to get used to hour hand layout to be able to read the correct hour. But I guess this could be intentional? Makes you stare at the timepiece a little longer to "get it right"...

The 40mm steel case is finished with polished and brushed sides.

And the non-screw-in crown at the 2 o'clock position is also signed.

Overall a fun piece and as I have said, at that price point this is a value-for-money.

No comments:

Post a Comment