Friday 19 July 2024

Watches I Have Come Across - The Montblanc Villeret 1858 Pulsographe

Throughout my watch collecting journey, I have been blessed to have come across many timepieces and I intend to document them in this photo essay. These are timepieces I don't own but have been fortunate to be able to see, feel, touch and photograph them. This time, I feature The Montblanc Villeret 1858 Pulsographe Monopusher.

I own the rose gold black dial version of this timepiece but I have had the opportunity to photograph this piece which comes in white gold case and white enamel dial. Both dials are Grand Feu enamel dials.

Featured here is the two timepiece - both limited to 58 pieces each.

Thanks to the Montblanc Boutique who allowed me to photograph the watch in the Boutique.

The timepiece comes with a white (Grand Feu) enamel dial and white gold case.

The blue hands, red chrono hands and black and red numerals on white enamel makes this a very attractive piece.

This is a monopusher which means the "Start", "Stop" and "Reset" are all done with a single push button at the 2 o'clock position.

And on to the business side... the movement!

Featuring the Minerva Calibre 13-21 column wheel chronograph movement, it's one of the most beautiful chronograph movement there is...

Can you spot the Devil's Tail?

The finishing is what you would expect from the top notch manufacture

Front or back, the Montblanc Villeret 1858 Pulsographe Monopusher is a winner for me. Here are some photos of my own black dial version...

My understanding is that black enamel dial is more difficult to make than white enamel dial.

I hope you like the macro shots of the black dial and the movement shot below.

Had this been branded Minerva, the recognition for this piece would be vastly different. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment